Set Font Size 2.1.50 error

Please update. All these scaling solutions are not as good as this add-on. I don’t want to scale all elements but to have just bigger font. At present I use font_size: 24 and scaling to get this font size makes other elements ridiculously big.
My screen resolution is 1440x900, 17 inches.

2.1.50 Linux qt6 version

Running anki with ANKI_WEBSCALE=1 or ANKI_NOHIGHDPI=1 doesn’t change anything.
For example with scaling 120% and starting anki like this:
ANKI_WEBSCALE=1 ./anki

Notice the difference between deck name and the rest.

In my opinion this add-on feature should be included in Anki a long time ego to make this problem independent from qt versions.

When loading '<U+2068>Set Font Size<U+2069>':
<U+2068>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "aqt.addons", line 244, in loadAddons
File "/home/user/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/Set Font Size 651521808/__init__.py", line 41, in <module>
changeFontSize()
File "/home/user/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/Set Font Size 651521808/__init__.py", line 39, in changeFontSize
changeWebFontSize()
File "/home/user/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/Set Font Size 651521808/__init__.py", line 33, in changeWebFontSize
wes = QWebEngineSettings.globalSettings()
File "aqt.qt.qt5_compat", line 350, in __getattr__
AttributeError: type object 'QWebEngineSettings' has no attribute 'globalSettings'

Edition:
Thank you for updating.

I am having the same problem as @gnomek with Anki 2.1.51 (QT6) on Windows 11. In my case, I need larger font size, and when I increase the value of the User interface to 110% the font size of some page elements remains small.

Try running Anki with this option.

I still firmly believe that set font size option should be native in Anki. It is not a criticism but just an opinion that new Anki users shouldn’t face such problem and seek for solutions like this. Setting proper font size should not be dependent on QT bugs or any other third party technologies. All other programs I am aware of that use text have font size.
Edition:
It was fixed.

1 Like

Thanks @gnomek for ANKI_WEBSCALE. I had requested this feature a long time ago, fearing for this addon to break, and it had just happened :laughing: