[BUG REPORT] The "user-interface size" doesn't work great on Wayland

Anki version is 2.1.48, it’s being run with ANKI_WAYLAND=1.

The menus don’t behave correctly, they get cut off. Here are some images with the user interface size set to 150%

2 Likes

This is handled by Qt, so it looks like a Qt bug.

There are sometimes problem with scaling like this, when it is impossible to revert scaling to previous value because everything is to big. Maybe indeed it is QT issue. But it would be great if you could implement into Anki " Set Font Size" add-on feature. I know your position on add-ons, and generally I agree with it, but this is such a basic functionality and users mostly use scaling option to have bigger fonts anyway. When fonts are increased with this add-on everything is scaled properly (I am also on QT, Plasma 5).

1 Like

Do the scaling issues exist in the Qt6 test build?

Gave it a quick try and it seems the scaling issues are gone on the qt6 build.

1 Like

Thanks for testing; glad to hear they’ve resolved the issue.

I have this or similar issue on Linux qt6 2.1.50 version (but my system is not yet qt6). I reported here (Set Font Size 2.1.50 error)
Above certain scaling windows are too big while font is not appropriate for my preference. I know that it is not good to implement into Anki all features that add-ons are for this purpose but this is such a basic feature.

Works fine for me on Wayland with no env vars set:

Since your webview text size in your other post appears to be small, you could try something like ANKI_WEBSCALE=1.2

1 Like

Yes. With this setting is ok. Thank you very much.
Checked on Version ⁨2.1.51 (51a0641b)⁩, Python 3.9.10 Qt 6.2.2 PyQt 6.2.2