Problem with Anki audio

I have always had audio problems with anki I don’t know what to try anymore, from the desktop version the audio of the decks is not reproduced, I have tried everything, uninstall anki, change deck, change profile, but when I start an audio I click not it reproduces me nothing and closes me anki, has this identical problem already happened to someone and knows how to solve it? i also tried multiple versions of anki but nothing.

I can’t very helpful (audio has always worked well for me), but if you provide more details about your problem (Anki version, operating system, possible error messages, type of audio being used -mp3, TTS-, screenshoot of your card template…) or even share a sample card, your chances of getting help are going to be much higher. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anki Version 2.1.48
Os Windows 11 Pro 21H2
I use mp3 files or at least I think, I use the core2000 deck but no audio starts, and I have not received error messages in the latest version, instead in the previous ones I often received errors regarding the video drivers

Assuming audio is working properly in other programs, have you tried with Ankiweb? Have you tried starting Anki without addons?
https://faqs.ankiweb.net/when-problems-occur.html

Other things you can try:

• Tools > Check media
  • Check that your mp3 file is not corrupted (edit the card and lookf for the file in your media folder)
  • Check if the built in TTS is working: Field Replacements - Anki Manual
  • Update your sound drivers
2 Likes

I checked on tools and check media and it tells me missing files 0 and files unused 0 I don’t understand what it means, as far as the integrity of the mp3 is concerned I didn’t understand where to see them and i don’t use tts audio,only mp3 in the deck, I have already tried to update all drives, trying on anki droid and anki web the audio plays correctly, I tried even without addons re-installing anki from 0 deleting all the files in the pc but it didn’t work anyway

ok I also checked the audio folder of the mp3 of the deck, but all work perfectly, only on anki the sound is not reproduced

Maybe,

• Try the add-on No Sound Fix (libmpv) - AnkiWeb

• Follow this reply to play the audio file with mpv using drag-and-drop from the collection.media folder and using the debug console

No sound comes out - #4 by kelciour

• Follow this reply to tell mpv to create a log file. There’s no need to install the add-on, another one, mentioned in the reply. Maybe the log file will reveal something useful.

Anki 2.1.33 Linux audio stops working - #2 by kelciour

Or maybe download the latest mpv version (“mpv-x86_64-20211003-git-5304e9f.7z”) from mpv player (Windows) - Browse /64bit at SourceForge.net and copy-replace mpv.exe, mpv.com, d3dcompiler_43.dll to C:\Program Files\Anki. Then open the Command Prompt (“cmd.exe”) and start mpv from cmd this way (copy-paste the command and press Enter), then start Anki, review a card with the audio and check the console output.

"C:\Program Files\Anki\mpv.com" -v --idle --force-window=no --ontop --audio-display=no --keep-open=no --autoload-files=no --gapless-audio=no --input-media-keys=no --input-ipc-server=ankimpv

3 Likes