Version ⁨2.1.49 won't let you create any empty filtered deck

2.1.49 is forcing you to have actual cards that meet the search criteria in order to create a filtered deck. When you try to do it a warning message is shown, with an “OK” as the only available option. This is quite impractical.
Up to 2.1.44 the prompted message in that case was “The provided search did not match any cards. Would you like to revise it?” With “Yes” an “No” options.
Please bring back this functionality.
Thank you in advance

4 Likes

Any solutions in sight ? :wink:

Cannot create empty ‘Filtered Deck’; but existing one’s can be empty ?
Not a big problem, but slightly inconsitent, no ? :wink:

1 Like

We are at version 2.1.62 currently and it’s still the issue.
I understand that there can be a warning for user, but why app is not allowing me to create empty filtered deck.
For example: To better organise my reviews I want to create a filtered deck for the overdue cards with specific tags. I know, that it’s currently empty, and it’s fine, but it can fill with cards in the near future.
The only current workaround I have is to create such a decks in Ankidroid, which is fine with creating empty ones. However is rather inconvenient solution.

1 Like

Bump. I got a massive prebuilt deck of cards from the Nakama textbooks, which have per-chapter tags, and want to filter by chapter. But when no cards are currently due, it won’t let me save the deck!

Seems like an easy enough feature, just add a big scary red button to the popup that says “Continue Anyway…” and change “OK” to “Try Again” or something.

2 Likes

I agree this is a useful feature!

1 Like