Anki 2.1.48 gets rid of the ability to make a filtered deck that returns no cards at the time of creation

If you try to make a filtered deck for say “fdsauiohuioa” or any other query that returns no cards, you currently can’t accept and create that deck. This is a problem when cards for that query are buried or don’t exist yet.

The strange thing is that 2.1.44 had a nice feature where it asked if you wanted to make changes since the search didn’t return any cards and you were able to create the filtered deck.

I used this feature quite a lot and it feels like a strange thing to remove. Is there any way around this for version 2.1.48 or will I have to wait or downgrade?

3 Likes

Please see Bug with saving filtered decks

1 Like

At least two people want this feature which is harmless to others and already existed in previous versions.

But anyway, filtered decks can already exist with queries that return no cards, they just have to be created at a time when the query does return cards. I have a bunch of decks that do not return cards right now when rebuilt. This new change just makes it so that I have to create the deck when the query does return cards, which is inconvenient.

3 Likes

I would like to see this feature back too…

1 Like

Any updates on this?