UpToDate iframe login issue on AnkiMobile and Ankidroid

I have the following iframe for a medical reference website that requires a login:

<iframe src="https://www.uptodate.com/contents/{{UpToDate}}" style="height: 70vh; width:80%; border:4px solid black;" seamless="seamless"></iframe>

The login for the website works well on desktop but does not work for AnkiMobile (or Ankidroid). I login while on my iPad (or Android phone) and the iframe does not seem to register the login and prompts me to login again.

Am I missing something?

I thought about an auto login script but it would make exporting the deck each time for sharing with others annoying: javascript - auto login remote site inner in iframe - Stack Overflow

Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe you could put the login information in a separate file, in your media collection, so that it’s easy to export.

Hmm, something I might look into in the future but I actually think this issue is more about how iframe behaves differently on AnkiMobile vs. the desktop. I also have a Wikipedia iframe and hyperlinks on desktop open within the iframe but hyperlinks on AnkiMobile open outside the iframe and into mobile Safari (weirdly enough, the Wikipedia iframe behaves the same on Ankidroid as it does on the desktop). Perhaps the UpToDate login registered on AnkiMobile is getting registered to mobile Safari instead of getting registered in the iframe? If so, is there a way to force the Ankimobile iframe to behave the way it does on desktop?

Edit: In my desperation, I tried the auto login method found on Stackoverflow without any luck.

This appears to be a limitation of iOS. The only thing I can think of that you could try is the Settings>Safari>Prevent Cross-Site Tracking option.