Unable to sign in on desktop

whenever i try to sign in on the desktop anki shows the “processing” screen and just crashes. I have tried installing and reinstalling the app. I dont have any addons installed at all. Tried older versions same problem. Anki.log file is blank. Tried both qt5 and qt6 versions same problem. Ankidroid is working fine.

Anki version - 2.1.60 Qt6
windows version - 22H2 ( os build 19045.2604 )

Starting Anki from a terminal may reveal a bit more information about some errors. After installing the latest Anki version and ensuring all Windows updates are installed, instead of running Anki directly, use Start>Run and type cmd.exe. When a console window appears, type

cd \program files\anki & anki-console

Presumably Anki will fail to open like before, but it may reveal something about what is causing the problem.
Debugging

Then if you get the error logs in console, copy and paste here in preformatted text (Crtl + E)

1 Like

I tried doing it. same error, anki opens up normally but when i try to sign in it crashes.

C:\Users\Kshitij>cd \program files\anki & anki-console
Anki starting...
Initial setup...
Preparing to run...
Starting main loop...
mpv not found, reverting to mplayer
Press any key to continue . . .
C:\Program Files\Anki>

here is the terminal output

That unfortunately doesn’t tell us much. Maybe you’ll have more luck with the qt5 version?

Tried the qt5 version still the same output

C:\Users\Kshitij>cd \program files\anki & anki-console
Anki starting...
Initial setup...
Preparing to run...
Starting main loop...
Press any key to continue . . .
C:\Program Files\Anki>

Please see Startup Issues - Anki Manual

But anki is starting just fine. I am unable to log in to my account and sync my cards thats the issue.

The only thing I can think of that you could try are:

1 Like

renaming the prefs21.db file worked !!! thank you soo much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.