Ultimate Birds deck

Hello,
I am trying to use this deck on the iOS app. The image deck seems to work perfectly but I get this error when trying to listen to audio:

I am also now getting this error message when trying to use it on my Mac:
TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜clickā€™)

I wasnā€™t getting this message before and Iā€™m not sure what went wrong

*Edit: Iā€™m guessing this might be because the Xeno-canto website is down?

A quick tip with Ankidroid v2.17 : I wasnā€™t able to use the N shortcut without focusing the card but with this Ankidroid version, we can add User actions. And it works with gestures too. So, we can add a Javascript line, in the templates, just before the last </script> tag to use one of these User actions. Example:

In Images card:

var userJs1 = next_image;

In Sounds card:

var userJs1 = next_sound;

Then, in Ankidroid set a key, gesture or else in Parameters ā†’ Controls ā†’ User action 1.

It seems also that .wav files cannot be played on AnkiMobile. So yes I updated the deck where they are excluded.
As for the quality, the best quality is already preferred. I discluded the ā€œalsoā€ tag as well when possible. That was a good suggestion, however, it might result in some of the quality decreasing as most of the recordings there have multiple species.

1 Like

With the last version, I tried to download the sounds of the 368 notes under tag:UB::France::Common, resulting in 3588 mp3s (and 7 wavs ā€¦) giving me a total of 1.4G. In order to compare, the old one was about 5,2G (3625 files) ! @Bjoe, nice job!

Note: the sound with the ID 876156 raised an error so I removed it. The Eurasian Jackdaw (Corvus monedula) donā€™t have any sounds but itā€™s seems to be called Western Jackdaw (Coloeus monedula) so I think thatā€™s why.

Nice!
The problem with The Eurasian Jackdaw is simply because I forgot to run part of the script in this updateā€¦ I just re-uploaded the deck with added sounds for that one and seven other birds where the IOC and Clements names differ.

As for the few .wav files, itā€™s because some uploads donā€™t state the file name and there is therefore no way for me to know which one it is using the API only.

The sound ID that didnā€™t work is because it has been deleted on xeno-canto and I canā€™t do anything about that either.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t very worried about these little bugs but thank you very much for the quick update !

1 Like

thanks for giving me to updates. itā€™s very helpful

1 Like