'Show Answer' resulting in delayed/absent card/cloze reveal

Hello,

I’m on a MacBook Pro with Sonoma version 14.0 running Anki Version ⁨23.12.1 (1a1d4d54)⁩ Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.3 PyQt 6.5.3. Only using ‘customize keyboard shortcuts’ add-on which was off when doing the general troublehooting tips.

I just updated to this Anki version yesterday. Since then I have had difficulty with a random number of cards upon show answer. On these particular cards when I press show answer, I can see the intervals to the card at the bottom of the screen as if the answer’s shown, but the answer is not shown. This persists for several seconds. If it does not go away, trying to highlight the clozed portion (where the answer appears normally when pressing show answer) will immediately make the card go to the answer card.

Edit: This does not appear related to type of card or type of media on the card as it happens with relatively simple text-only cards and ones with multiple images shown in the answer. Also has some problems getting to the next card after picking an answer difficulty. Is not reproducible by “undoing” a card that lagged and then trying again.

Please advise! Thanks.

Please try changing the video driver in the preferences screen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.