MacOS does not show cards or answers after update

Since updating to Anki 23.12.1 cards will not show up (either the question side or answer side). It is not every time, but most of the time. If the question side appears, the answer side is blank. Sometimes the question side is also blank. This is the case for all card types I use (basic, cloze, IO). Sometimes they are delayed and will appear after a few seconds. Other times the only way they will appear is if I select a time interval, then “undo” the card. However this is obviously very tedious and not ideal. Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Try changing the video driver in the preferences screen, then restarting Anki
Troubleshooting - Anki Manual

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I will give this a try. Do you recommend changing it to Metal (default) or to another option?

If your current one isn’t working then trying another one might help, be Metal, OpenGL or Software

Metal is the default because it is made using the apple tookit which should be faster in theory

Post of people facing the same problem can be found here:

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I had the same issues on a brand new M2 Mac. The default setting would lead to issues such as not showing the answers on cards or not continuing to the next card after selecting an answer.
After changing to OpenGL is now works perfectly!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.