Right-Click not working on Browse Left Panel

Hello everyone,

I’m using Anki 2.1.35 (Mac) and I’ve been experiencing issues when trying to right-click anything on the left panel when looking at the browse section. I tried disabling all ad-on features and the issue still persists. I can clearly see all the different tags which are utilized in my note cards and my different decks, however I cannot right click any of them. I really want to figure out a way to rename/edit my tags used on my note cards as well as create specific filtered decks based on specific tags. Anything I can do to solve this? Thanks so much in advance.

It’s not a bug, it’s a missing feature. As it happens, a context menu for the browser sidebar with the option to rename tags has just been implemented and is already available in the latest beta release.

2 Likes

Apologies in advance but I’m a bit new to the Anki scene. Can you direct me to where I can find that?

See Anki Beta Builds, but please be aware that beta releases may contain serious bugs and should only be used if you know the risks.
You can also wait for the next stable release which should be available in a few weeks or months.

Thanks so much, and I appreciate the heads up. Since I’m using a deck that I downloaded online, I’m thinking of maybe downloading the beta version and editing it accordingly, once done, exporting the new deck and then reinstalling the stable version.

1 Like

and then reinstalling the stable version.

You can have multiple versions of Anki installed concurrently.
Also, it wasn’t my intention to make it sound too scary. If you’re logged in and synchronise at least after every session, not much can go wrong. :slight_smile: