This is the new official support thread for Review Heatmap. The previous thread may be found here. From now on please direct all of your general support questions about the add-on here.
Note: If you’ve run into a bug, please consider filing a bug report instead. The issue tracker takes care of a lot of the troubleshooting groundwork, so it really makes it a lot easier for me to fix your issue. Should you be unfamiliar with how to file a bug report, then please check out my quick tutorial here.
If you are unable to file a bug report through the issue tracker, then please make sure to copy the bug report template below, paste it into your reply, and fill it out. This will go a long way towards me and other users being able to understand what’s wrong and help you.
In important cases you can also reach out to me directly via an email to email@example.com
In cases where you can’t use the official issue tracker, please copy the bug report template below into your reply and fill it out. This will go a long way towards me and other users being able to understand what’s wrong and help you. Thank you!
Please describe the issue concisely in here. In case of an error: Walk us through the steps you took to get there. What happened? What did you expect to happen?
Please replace the space inside the brackets with an x if the following items apply:
- [ ] I’ve restarted Anki to see if it helps
- [ ] I’ve verified that I use the latest version of the add-on by redownloading it from AnkiWeb
- [ ] I’ve verified that I use the latest version of Anki by checking at https://apps.ankiweb.net#download
- [ ] I’ve tried to disable other add-ons to see if there are any interactions present
- [ ] My issue disappears when I hold shift while starting Anki.
- [ ] I’ve checked if anyone else reported this problem before by looking through the issue reports. I also checked to see if there is a section about known issues in the add-on description, documentation, or README.
Information about your Anki set-up
Please open Anki, go to Help → About, click on “Copy Debug Info”, and paste the result between the backticks below (if the button does not appear you are using an older version of Anki 2.1 and will need to update first):
Error message (if any)
If you’ve received an error message, please copy and paste it between the backticks below:
Hello, the date on the heatmap is wrong all of a sudden. It is stuck on yesterdays date and says that I have no reviews for the actual day “today” even though anki recognises that I have over 100 cards to be reviewed today. Even if I get a card to be reviewed for tomorrow it still says 0 reviews and is stuck. Here is a screen shot.
I have the same issue as andydunn7, and another guy on Reddit does too. The both of us had DST start this morning, which might be causing the issue. I’ve included the links below.
Review Heatmap showing today’s cards as part of yesterday : Anki (reddit.com)
Have a problem with reviews; more info in the comments! : Anki (reddit.com)
hi first of all thank you for this awesome add on !!
i get an error message when i try to click on the small boxes
Anki 2.1.40 (cf446733) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-08-08 21:27:49
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt\webview.py”, line 35, in cmd
File “aqt\webview.py”, line 124, in _onCmd
File “aqt\webview.py”, line 569, in _onBridgeCmd
File “C:\Users\Nancy\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\877182321\column.py”, line 13, in _linkHandler
(cmd, arg) = url.split(":")
ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 2)
my anki version is 2.1.40
and i have downloaded the latest beta version of the addon
please help me out ! thank you in advance
Hey, thanks for the kind words and taking the time to file a report. Based on the error message it looks like the issue most likely originates in the Enhance Main Window add-on (code: 877182321). So I would try to disable that add-on under Tools → Add-ons, restart Anki, and see if that fixes things.
Thank you so much! It works !
thanks for all!!
How to change the day the week begins?
Hey again !
so i had to reset my entire laptop and lost all my anki addons
I redownloaded the review heatmap and it is working perfectly except that now whenever i finish a subdeck the review heatmap for that subdeck doesnt appear
i never faced this issue earlier. is it cause of some other addon? cause im willing to drop any addon for this one!
I am currently working on Anki 2.1.40
and i am using the latest version of the addon
Thank you in advance !
Hey MIZMU, changing the day of the week is not supported at the moment, but it might be possible to integrate that in the future. I’m not sure if I’ll have to time to work on it, but I’ll keep it in mind for future feature expansion rounds. To keep track of the progress on development, please feel free to subscribe to this feature request: https://github.com/glutanimate/review-heatmap/issues/118
Hi there! The congrats page (which is the page you see when finishing a deck) was overhauled recently-ish on Anki’s side (around Anki 2.1.38) and so far I sadly haven’t had time to add support for the new page. But this is definitely up there in terms of priority and will likely land in the next version of Review Heatmap (which will release later this year).
Oh that’s fine. Take your time I was just worried that it was some error on my end. Thank you once again
I have the EXACT same issue. In fact when I did my reviews it grouped them with yesterday’s box. Now I have a gap in my Anki streak but still have my streak going. My OCD is killing me. I was on Anki 2.1.46 when this error occurred. I have since updated to the latest, being 1.48, to no avail
I can vouch. I also had daylight savings change.
Anyone having a problem where the heatmap isn’t showing after updating to 2.1.49? I see the control buttons, but no chart
EDIT: found that disabling the stats plus add-on allows the heatmap to show. Any idea on what’s going on here?
These two add-ons have never been compatible as far as I remember.
I upgraded from 2.1.44 and they were both working fine on there
I have a suggestion or request. The Current streak number should represent a steady work flow. But it is possible to cheat and continue the streak by just answering a single card in a day. I would like the option of the user setting a goal of a preferred minimum number of cards in a day.
after a long refactoring round and a partial rewrite for Anki 2.1.50 and up, I’m happy to say that Review Heatmap v1.0.0 is finally here. This is an incremental update that’s primarily meant to stabilize and future-proof the add-on (and finally bring it out of beta testing), but most importantly: It means that Review Heatmap now fully runs on Anki 2.1.52, including the Qt6 Apple silicon version!
…and as an added bonus: You can now finally install the add-on directly off of AnkiWeb – no more manual messing around with .ankiaddon files, which has been going on for way too long.
If you’ve installed the add-on from GitHub before, no worries: Updating is as simple as pasting the add-on code into Anki. The old add-on will automatically be disabled and all your setting ported over. (Please note that, right now, the update is only available for Anki 2.1.49 and up. Older Anki versions will receive an older version of the add-on from AnkiWeb).
For those of you interested into the rest of the changes in v1.0.0, I’ve attached the full changelog below.
Should you run into any new issues or regressions with the update please do let me know (ideally via the bug tracker, but here is also fine).
Review Heatmap v1.0.0 (2022-05-18)
IMPORTANT: While likely compatible with earlier versions, this add-on release has only been extensively tested with Anki 2.1.49 and up. The AnkiWeb upload is therefore limited to Anki 2.1.49+ for the time being (but might be expanded to earlier releases in the future).
If you are on an earlier Anki release there is no need to worry: Copying the AnkiWeb add-on code into the app will automatically download a compatible version of the add-on for you. However, please be aware that it will not include the latest changes below.
- Added support for Anki 2.1.50 and up. Both Qt6 and Qt5 builds are supported. On Apple silicon the add-on now benefits from the performance improvements that Anki’s native Qt6 build provides.
- Added an option to exclude review history entries created by manually rescheduling or forgetting cards. This option is enabled by default, but can be disabled under Settings → Fine Tuning → Exclude manual reschedules from history
- Added a number of changes that should improve the rendering performance of the heatmap when switching between Anki screens
- Fixed an issue where invalid card scheduling could cause the heatmap to disappear
- Fixed an issue where clicking on today’s repetitions would not draw up any cards in the browser
- Fixed an issue where config changes could not be written
- On recent Anki versions: Potentially fixed a number of issues with time-zone handling that would sometimes cause mismapping of repetitions to the wrong days. If you are still experiencing issues like this, I would kindly ask you to please report them here in order to help me troubleshoot them.
- Completely refactored the add-on codebase and rewrote many parts of it, making Review Heatmap easier to maintain and extend in the future
- Switched to new canonical add-on APIs where possible, reducing the risk for future breakages as new Anki versions get released
- Removed heatmap toggle hotkey as it was not particularly discoverable nor particularly useful and caused keymap conflicts with other add-ons
- Raised the minimum Anki version requirement to 2.1.28. However, only 2.1.49 and up were tested extensively, so your mileage on earlier releases might vary.