Review Heatmap [Official Support Thread]

Hi Essadon, thanks for the feedback! I’m planning on addressing this limitation with v1.1.0. You can track progress on that here: Add support for new congratulations screen · Issue #152 · glutanimate/review-heatmap · GitHub

On an unrelated note, judging by your debug info you’re likely using an old version of the add-on. To automatically receive updates such as the one adding support for the finished deck screen, please consider updating to the AnkiWeb version: Review Heatmap - AnkiWeb

Heatmaps aren’t appearing, just broken image icons.

Cannot delete add-on - error message:
Unable to update or delete add-on. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key to temporarily disable add-ons, then try again. Debug info: <U+2068>[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'heatmap.py'<U+2069>

Cannot disable - error message:

Error

An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.

If problems persist, please report the problem on our [support site](https://help.ankiweb.net/). Please copy and paste the information below into your report.

Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1

Platform: Mac 12.5

Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2

Add-ons, last update check: 2022-08-02 11:37:16

Caught exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "aqt.addons", line 878, in onToggleEnabled

File "aqt.addons", line 322, in toggleEnabled

File "aqt.addons", line 282, in write_addon_meta

File "aqt.addons", line 303, in writeAddonMeta

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Users/ian/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/review_heatmap/meta.json'

Thanks for the report! Not sure why deleting or disabling the add-on aren’t working, but it could be an issue with file permissions and/or your system drive. I would suggest manually navigating to /Users/ian/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21 via Finder (to go directly to a specific folder see this Apple support guide. Alternatively you could also head to Tools → Add-ons within Anki, make sure no add-on in the add-on list is selected, and then click the View Files button.

Either way, once you are in the addons21 folder, make sure to close Anki, and then please find the folder called review_heatmap and delete it. With that, Review Heatmap should be manually uninstalled.

Next, please re-download the add-on from the AnkiWeb listing (you currently have an older version of the add-on installed that doesn’t auto-update). If everything went well, after restarting Anki you should see the heatmap again.

That worked! Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

Hello, good afternoon.

When I double-click on the Anki icon, an error message pops up. I tried searching for the error on Google, but couldn’t find anything useful. I have copied and pasted the error message to the bottom of my post. I followed the steps on the ‘When problems occur’ page’ and the problem is the add-on “Review Heatmap”. I really would use it, but I need stay with Anki 2.1.22 version because of my others add-nos. What should I do?

P.S.: I am your supporter on Patreon.

Best regards,

Debug Info:

Anki 2.1.22 (0ecc189a) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1

Platform: Windows 10

Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2

Add-ons, last update check: 2022-08-13 17:27:31

Caught exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “aqt\progress.py”, line 76, in handler

File “aqt\main.py”, line 158, in setupProfileAfterWebviewsLoaded

File “aqt\main.py”, line 195, in setupProfile

File “aqt\main.py”, line 370, in loadProfile

File “aqt\gui_hooks.py”, line 1275, in call

File “C:\Users\Rodrigo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1771074083\views.py”, line 74, in initializeHotkey

hotkey = config[“profile”][“hotkeys”][“toggle”]

KeyError: ‘toggle’

Hey cap.rocky,

Hmm, that’s a strange one. It looks like the add-on hotkey config got corrupted somehow, but no need to worry, we should be able to fix this with a quick manual intervention. Could you do the following for me, please?

1. With Anki’s main screen open, please press Ctrl + Shift + : to open Anki’s debug console

2. Please copy and paste the following commands into the debug console (the entry area at the top):

from aqt import mw
    mw.pm.profile["heatmap"]["hotkeys"]["toggle"] = "Ctrl+R"

3. Hit Ctrl + Return to run the commands. This will restore the invalid hotkey config.

4. Close the debug console and return to Anki

After restarting Anki everything should hopefully go back to normal and the error message should no longer appear.

If it the error persists, please do let me know and we’ll troubleshoot from there.

Hope that helps for now :slight_smile: , and thanks a lot for your support, really appreciate it! :man_bowing:

2 Likes

I would like to Report a bug, I am unable to check previously reviewed cards.
Only those that are due are able to being shown on the browser after clicking on the review heat map.

Any help you can provide, would be much appreciated

Congratulations!!!