Online Backup Restore -- Accidentally Deleted Media?

Hi,
I recently reinstalled my phone’s OS. Then I restored from Ankiweb and experimented with moving my collection onto an external SD. In the process I deleted a lot and had Ankidroid update the media on Ankiweb several times, apparently removing a couple thousand media files from Ankiweb when I thought it would be downloading them instead.
Could you restore my collection to a backup from before July 3rd? I’ll be sure to export my whole collection and store in Google Drive to keep it safe next time.

I have restored your recently deleted media - it should download the next time you sync.

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Hi there, I have a similar problem.
I deleted one of my decks, used “check media” and selected delete unused data. After that I managed to restore my deck via local backups, but there are no media (which are very important for this specific deck).
Is there a way for me to restore the deleted media as well?
PS: I also emptied the trash folder, so practically there is no media file available locally!

I have restored the 26 files that were deleted from your AnkiWeb collection in the last month. They will automatically download the next time you sync. You had a lot more files deleted last year, but they are no longer recoverable.

If anyone else needs their media restored in the future, please post a private request on https://anki.tenderapp.com

2 Likes

Thank you so much :pray:t2:
That was exactly what I was looking for!

Hi dae, I unfortunately have the same problem.
I accidentally deleted my decks on ankiweb when syncing with my anki on mobile. I didn’t have a backup to these decks (I know my fault), but I was working on one of them just for a one day so I didn’t get to it. Still I very much miss it.
Is it anyway possible to restore the deck?

Sorry, your backups only appear to contain about 22 cards, so either you had not synced your cards to AnkiWeb, or did so after the last backup was taken.

is it still possible to request the media backup? I completely screwed it up on my end.

Please create a post over on the private support site.

I have recently deleted media files by accident while experimenting with synchronization. I would be really thankful if you can retrieve my media files.

These requests are easiest to process over on the private support site - please post over there.

Please provide a link to the private support site.

He did.

2 Likes

Thank you. Posted on the private support site.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Lost all my collection.media (⁨9736⁩) Files