Missing note types

Hi, I’m trying to make image occlusion flash card on the iOS app, but the note type “image occlusion” is missing, there is only the enhanced version. I tried to search online, but I didn’t find anyone with my problem. Someone could help?

If you’re on the latest version, it should be there unless you deleted it.

If you’ve deleted it, you should be able to add it back by using the iOS equivalent of Add option. Anki provides you the Image Occlusion note type to base your new note type on. If you select that you should get a new Image Occlusion note type.

Yes, I’m on the latest version and I don’t think I deleted the option, I don’t even know how to do that. There is a way to add the option?

I don’t use iOS but there should be a way to make a clone of Image Occlusion when you’re adding a new note type.

I don’t believe you can add a note type on AnkiMobile.

On Anki Desktop, you can go to Notes > Manage Note Types > Add – and choose any of the default types with “Add:” at the top of the list.

It should be automatically added when you open the add screen. If the interface is not in English, the notetype probably has a translated name.

1 Like

I want to make sure I understood you right –
Does AnkiMobile restore/recreate the default note types when the add note screen is opened? That’s great!

Yep, both it and the computer version will add one if there is none in the collection.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.