Major Anki Bug: Images disappearing from cards

I have a very large Anki collection which I have
been maintaining for the last 3 years(not on this email).

The last few weeks I had the feeling that cards where previously
there were images on it did not have them anymore.

Yesterday I reviewed a card where I am absolutely certain it had images, I did not have any and I do not mean the missing image sign, the entire image has been removed from the file.
I searched all cards and could not find the image, checking my media I found many unused images.

I deleted all of them, the next day there were more unused images even though I had deleted no cards.

I am not sure if it is my memory that is failing or the anki system bugging out. If necessary I can share all data.

Please export a colpkg backup of your collection, then revert to a backup made before the image disappeared. Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, does it happen when you disable all add-ons?

Ok, I checked everything again and I am not sure if it is my memory that is failling, but I cannot find the cards and the issue.

Altough I am highly certain that one card once had images. If anybody experiences the same issues keep an eye out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.