It doesn´t appear the grey top bar

Hi everybody.

I’ve got Anki 2.1.61 qt6 on Windows 10, but when I open it doesn’t appear the top grey bar, so I can´t see the “Decks”, “Add”, “Browse”, “Stats” and “Sync” buttons

Please follow the steps on When problems occur - Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks for your answer.

I tried all the steps of that link, but it didn’t work

Are you sure? You last synced with a version of Anki that is not the latest. If updating and changing the video driver did not help, you could try disabling any proxy/VPN you have active.

I didn’t understand this, [quote=“dae, post:4, topic:29698”]
You last synced with a version of Anki that is not the latest
[/quote], but I’m sure I’m runing the latest version. I send a screenshot.

Also I checked again about graphic card drivers, and I’m running latest version of it.

I don’t know what is this: [quote=“dae, post:4, topic:29698”]
you could try disabling any proxy/VPN you have active
[/quote]

What text do you see when running the console?

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/windows/startup-issues.html#debugging

Do you get the same problem with the qt5 version of Anki?

With qt5 happens the same

I’m afraid I’m not sure what the problem is. Some last things are to try are listed here: Startup Issues - Anki Manual

1 Like

Thanks for your help

I installed 2.1.15 version and it shows the grey bar, but there’s a problem with the sync. When i try it it appears this mesagge: “Your Anki client does not support the new timezone handling yet. Please ensure your Anki is up to date.”

I installed the 2.1.20 version and it didn’t work

If changing the video driver didn’t help (“6. Change the Video Driver”), maybe try to do it again after updating your graphics card driver (if you didn’t do it already).

For example, with Qt5 version first.

To update your graphics card driver, first identify the graphics card manufacturer with msinfo32 (“Step 2”),

Then, if it’s Intel, for example, download it from the Intel® Download Center (“Installation method 2”).

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

1 Like

If nothing but downgrading to 2.1.15 works, you can use File>Switch Profile and then the Downgrade & Quit option in the latest version to make your profile readable by older versions.

I installed the program of my graphic card, that i didn’t know it wasn’t installed, but the driver was up to date.

I tried changing again the video driver, but it doesn’t work

The problem is that I uninstalled Anki, and I deleted the old profile, so now i can’t make it readable by older versions, because it doesn’t exitst, isn’t?

I tried it installing the 2.1.61, using File>Switch Profile, then the Downgrade & Quit option, and after installing the 2.1.15, but it shows me the same message: “Your Anki client does not support the new timezone handling yet. Please ensure your Anki is up to date.”

Thank you. Maybe try to run the latest Anki version with --no-sandbox and --disable-gpu. It helped with the blank window on Linux and Mac in the past.

1. Open the Command Prompt (open Start and type cmd)

2. Start Anki using this line.

set ANKIDEV=1 & set "QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS=--no-sandbox --disable-gpu" & cd "C:\Program Files\Anki" & anki-console

1 Like

Sorry, I overlooked that. You can enable the legacy timezone handling in a newer Anki version, sync your collection, then downgrade.

This is what happens if i do that:

It doesn’t look right to me. I don’t see disable-gpu and no-sandbox in “Init Parameters:” and there’s no output after Starting main loop.

Try to do it again. Here’s a quick screencast how I did it. I pressed Win+R, typed cmd and then pasted the command from the clipboard.