iOS not Syncing

Hi!
My iOS anki simply does not finish syncing. Its been doing this for months. Sometimes I get an error “connection timed out. please try again”.

Ive Tried:
-deleting and redownloading Anki iOS
-making sure my ankiweb has everything I want on it
-different wifi networks

Nothing seems to be working and I really miss being able to see the images on my anki cards on my phone. Any suggestions?
I have an ankihub subscription for anking, but im probably going to cancel it.

Disabling Media Syncing fixed it-- so it was a large media file or something because now with media sync enabled, its again taking forever and failing…

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or to identify what this large file is?

Im now getting this error

The first thing I would do is Tools > Check Media (on Desktop will be easiest), and deleting your unused media. If you’re lucky, the problematic file isn’t even one you need.

Then you could check your collection.mediaManaging Files - Anki Manual . Sort by size and see if you can identify any large files that you could make smaller by editing, changing resolution, converting to a different file type, etc.

For that error, pretty much the same suggestions as I made above - Sync error after update to 24.04 - #9 by dae .

1 Like
  1. I did Tools > Check Media (on Desktop will be easiest), and deleting your unused media.
    —Now, Anki Desktop is taking forever to sync ;/ still currently waiting for it to sync. Looks kind of like its getting stuck at
  1. For checking the files-- are there any file types I should delete right off the bat that are completely unsupported?

Jk, it finished syncing haha

Most of the file types are supported within AnkiMobile. If in doubt, go to this guide from Apple Developer website

So, you’re all set?

No :frowning: Desktop Anki finally synced, but iOS anki is still giving me the error

I checked this, and it does not say SVG is supported.
I see a ton of “SVG documents” in my ~/Library/Application Support/Anki2 folder… should I delete these?

OMG IOS MEDIA SYNC COMPLETE HALLELUJAH

Thank yall so much:,)

1 Like