Interval for some cards stuck on 2 days, even after pressing "good" multiple times

Hi,

I recently started to notice that some cards pop up every 2 days, even though I press the “good” option for them every time.
This does not happen for every card and I’m not sure how to identify all the cards this happens to. My only possible guess is that I activated the 2.1 scheduler a couple of weeks ago, and that the cards that this happens to seem to be cards I added before that change, and was in the process of relearning at the time.
I posted a screenshot of the info for one of the cards hoping it could be helpful. I’m pretty new to Anki.
I have posted my deck review settings as well.

Thanks,
Vincent

Card info:

Deck settings:

Actions to take now:

1. Options–Review: Set the Hard button to 120% default.

2. Do not use Hard button - it is ‘broken’ ( the rule is: “Next interval supposed to be at least 1day longer than previous ivl.” ).

3. Download add-on "Rememorize: Rescheduler with sibling and logging (v1.4.2) 323586997 http://prntscr.com/zjhf0p
    Use it for rescheduling cards when the Next interval looks too long or too short;
    Shortcut: ’ M '. Change the interval on the fly ( Do not need to reload Anki :slight_smile:
    PS. More productivity tips later.

4. Most important: Your workflow is not effective – look at Repetition-1: One minute step, and 2 more, failed at the onset;
    Solution: Preview New cards in batches of 14 cards. Ask for details if you want to try it.

5. Surprise for me: I noticed that the Hard button decreases the Ease .
    Even though it is favorable for the lower interval cards but it opens the door to the Ease Hell. (my Anki ver. 2.1.26 ) .

6. Interval Modifier is =70%. Before using this option, other means of reducing the interval have to be explored; we found one: lack of Previewing. More – in the 20-rules.

PS Please increase the font in the screen-shots ( and reduce the width to bring the columns together). ( Next time of course ).

Again, feel free to ask more…

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!
There’s a couple of things I don’t understand.

1. What do you mean with “look at Repetition-1: One minute step, and 2 more, failed at the onset;”? I don’t understand what you’re saying here I’m sorry

2. I had not noticed this, thanks, I honestly have no idea why I had that at 70%. This is probably a big contributor to my problem right? If the new time was supposed to go from 2 to 3, that 70% would bring it back down to 2?

Sorry about the screenshots, I’ll definitely increase the font next time!

---- Yes; but it has a big effect on larger intervals; like 10d will become 7 !

Ah okay yes. The problem in the beginning was that I used Anki right before a test, and then didn’t study for 2 months resulting in the lapse. I’m luckily not having that issue with new cards :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your good and quick help, I really appreciate it! Now I know a little bit more about the intervals and what not to do.

“Thank you so much for your good and quick help, I really appreciate it! Now I know a little bit more about the intervals and what not to do.”

That is much better than a cold Tnx.

PS. You can learn on other users’ errors by browsing thru comments marked with the heart symbol. How to…