Image Occlusion : Do not bury sibling cards (only for image occlusion)

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

• When creating multiple cloze cards from same image, related cards get buried (if enabled in option).
  • I create multiple Image Occlusion cards that are not related so I want to study them on the same day.
  • But I do want to bury siblings of normal cloze cards.
  • The addon does not bury cards from same image either.

Describe the solution you’d like

• An option “Do not bury related cards” only for image occlusion note type

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

• Use the image occlusion enhanced addon
1 Like

Use different presets. Turn on the burying option in one, and turn it off in the other.

1 Like

But it would require different decks.

I don’t think that’s always an solution though. It might not be optimal to divide your content like this; people create decks on the basis of type of content and not type of note.

Having said that, @qubist-pixel, your solution will only work for a particular note type and people will soon want this for other note types too (for example, cloze). A better solution, in my opinion, is what I describe in another thread:

I also think the upcoming feature, “prevent sibling overlap” should be in the note types rather than the presets. See here: Native implementation of Load Balance - #57 by sorata (dang, I wrote some wrong sentences there but I can’t seem to be able to edit the comment)

1 Like

Perhaps Subdeck would be better.

1 Like

It’s worth putting this in a separate topic suggestions.

1 Like

I did not understand how this would help to review all sibling cards on same day without changing the option for other note types.

I think this issue is more relevant to IO cards because many people use it to remember related but different facts.

I would like to point to github issue. Those migrating from the addon will find the current behavior significantly different, to the point that many (like me) cannot switch.

1 Like