I created a reverse deck from a deck I already have. All the hard timers are 1.5 months and the east timers are over a year. I have never used this deck before.

i think creating new card type is the same in every anki version.

1. go to “Tools -> Manage note types”
  2. from the window that opens select the note type that you want to create reverse card for then click on “Cards…”
  3. on top right corner there’s a button called “Options” click on it and from the opened menu click on “Add Card Type…”. (This will create another card type called “Card 2”)
  4. there’s a dropdown menu (in front of “Card Type”) click on it and select “Card 2” from the opened menu.
  5. now you can press “Flip” from bottom of that window to make newly created cards reversed and not just duplicates of previous cards
  • if your note type has more than 2 fields, you won’t be able to simply use the flip and you’ll have to manually configure front and back template for “Card 2”
  • this will preserve all previous cards and will just create reverse cards and will add them to the deck that previous cards are in.
  • reverse cards will be created for all of the cards that use this note type regardless of the deck they’re in
  • reverse cards will be added to the deck that original note is in.
4 Likes