How to arrange several cards on a predetermined order at once?

Hi guys! Could you help a fellow language teacher? I have been using Anki for a few months now and I have played around creating a small deck for myself, now I’m preparing a bigger deck for my students. I even asked this on reddit but I got no replies, so I am asking here too!

My deck is mainly made of three card types:

: it has the foreign word, the back of the card has the pronunciation, the translation and also a dictionary entry in the target language.

: the front if the card is a whole sentence in the foreign language, the back side has its translation.

: it has a sentence with a new word missing, the student then can see the answer. That’s a way to actively input a word.

I have some other ideas, but these are the cards I am doing right now.

The problem is: I have this content in sheets I created on Google Sheets (in separated sheets because they are different types of notes with different fields). Hundreds of words and thousands of sentences. When I import them to Anki, they will show up like this: ; then ; ; but I don’t want this to happen, I want my students to open the deck and find a predetermined order to new cards (comprehensive input), that goes like this:

<WORD 1>

<SENTENCE1 CONTAINING WORD 1>

<SENTENCE2 CONTAINING WORD 1>

<WORD 2>

<SENTENCE3 CONTAINING WORD 1 AND WORD 2>

<SENTENCE4 CONTAINING WORD 2>

<FILL THE BLANK1 WITH WORD 1>

so on…

How can I do this? I thought about adding a order tag to the cards but I’m not even sure if that’s possible (like <WORD 1> has the tag #order1; <SENTENCE1 CONTAINING WORD 1> #order2; <SENTENCE2 CONTAINING WORD 1> #order3; <WORD 2> #order4 and so on…)

Thank you for your help!

I am not a 100 % sure how to do it the most efficient in your situation, but you can add a field to your cards for sorting, fill it with 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. In the “Fields…” setting for the card type, enable Sort by this field:

Then, using the card browser, show all the relevant cards of the deck with an appropriate search string, click on Sort Field to sort the cards, select all cards (Ctrl + A), rightclick, Reposition.

2 Likes