Emoji picker not working anywhere on Anki

When calling the emoji picker

Win + ;

Anki closes it once the first letter is typed (no way to search an emoji thus). Is it a normal behavior?
Best regards,
(I typed “a” between the two images)

This happens in editing and adding mode and basically any Anki window I have tested.
Hope there’s an easy fix :slight_smile:
Regards,

I am not sure what you are referring to. I have searched online, but there seems to be quite a lot of software called “emoji picker”. Could you please specify which one you are using?

Presumably it’s a Windows built-in. Looks like the toolkit Anki’s built on doesn’t support it yet.

The built-in one you can open with Win + ;

Probably then it would be a good idea to add it because emojis are a good way of bringing life to your cards and substituting for pictures (they weight less).
Should I open a request on git hub?

If I understood well dae’s answer, the problem is with Qt (“the toolkit Anki’s built on”), not with Anki. You could try opening a github issue on the Qt repo, even though I think they are already aware of this issue (this seems a common enough problem).

If you really enjoy emojis, maybe you could try downloading an other emoji picker, there really seem to be tons of softwares that allow you to do that.

1 Like

If you want to report it to Qt, you’d need to download their SDK and reproduce it in a sample app first. It’s time consuming and unlikely to result in a fix any time soon - I do not recommend it.