Email recovery issue!

Hi. I created an account on Ankiweb on 10/1/2021 and confirmed the email address from my gmail account. Today(11/1/2021) I created cards and clicked on sync button, it presents with an error that I have not confirmed my email, following which I again confirmed it. But, still I could not access the sync option. I have restarted the app twice after confirming email. Kindly help.

You’ll need to click the link in the email that was sent to you - did you do so? When you do so, what does it say?

It takes me to a web page to confirm whether its me or not. I click on the yes button and it says we have sent you a confirmation email.

You should get a message that the email has been confirmed when you click on the link. Your email client may be modifying it - perhaps you’ll have more luck copying and pasting it into your browser.

After i confirm that this is my email id, next page displays this message-’’ 2 minute(s) ago, your email provider accepted the email we sent.

In most cases it should become visible in your mailbox a few minutes after being received, but some providers can take up to 24 hours to show the mail.

If the email does not show up, please check your spam folder. If you’re using a web email provider, you may need to check your spam folder via the web interface.

Please also confirm the address you entered is correct.

If you’d like to try sending another email, you can refresh this page in 57 minute(s) to automatically send another email."
And still the app on laptop says email not confirmed.

1 Like

Are you clicking on 1 or 2 in the screenshot below? The first link will confirm your address, the second one is just a link to the confirmation page.