Current deck not always set

Good day,

Windows 2.1.39. Recently upgraded, but the issue only started to appear after the upgrade.

Since yesterday, the active deck is not always set (meaning empty stats and search for deck:current in the browser will be also be empty).

Switching decks seems to sometimes, but not always, fix the issue; after adding new cards the current deck will definitely be always set correctly.

Any ideas how to fix would be much appreciated.

cheers,
Thomas

1 Like

@ArthurMilchior @David this looks to be caused by AnkiDroid saving curDeck as a string instead of a number

2 Likes

That seems plausible. I can reliably reproduce the issue by syncing to AD, review a few cards and sync back to the desktop. I’ll open a bug report with the AnkiDroid folks directly.

cheers

1 Like

I created the bug report on [Bug] curDeck is saved as a string and not a long · Issue #8092 · ankidroid/Anki-Android · GitHub

2 Likes

It’s repaired. Dae, you were entirely right about the cause. Strangely, we saved it as string since 2014, don’t know why. Don’t know whether it was the actual used thing at some point in time. I assume python was tolerant enough to accept it, and a recent change, with rust probably, broke.

Anyway, it’s going to be put in a stable version soon, not waiting for the next big release (Thanks to mike for taking care of releasing )

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing. Latest alpha is working fine.

cheers,
Thomas

1 Like