Contanki [Official Support Thread]

Please post here if you have any issues with my add-on Contanki. You are also welcome to post on the GitHub issue tracker.

Starting with the next version of Contanki you’ll be able to get some debug information by opening the config and clicking help. If you are encountering an error, please also post the full error message.

1 Like

Beta 8 has just been released, and will go up on AnkiWeb in a few days:

After the update, my remote connects to Anki but the add-on itself will not open (thus I cannot access controller options). Instead an error window appears.

Error

An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.

If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.

When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.

Debug info:

Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1

Platform: Mac 13.0

Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3

Add-ons, last update check: 2022-10-26 16:48:48

Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨Contanki - Controller Support for Anki beta⁩

Thanks, there should be a stack trace underneath the error message, could you post that as well?

Thanks, the crash will be addressed in the next update, but it appears that your controller is not being detected. Can you tell me what model of controller you’re using?

8BitDo Zero2