Contanki [Official Support Thread]

Hello, I am receiving the following error message after downloading this add-on. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, how did you resolve the issue? Thank you!!

Hi. I’ve got my 8Bitdo Micro!
Is there a way to use it in Contanki?
Is there anything I can do to help?

In case someone else runs into this issue in the future. This isn’t a Contanki issue, it’s an 8BitDo issue. 8BitDo has different modes and if your windows computer recognizes it as “switchpro” you connected it while it was in the wrong mode.

For windows you need it in “X mode.” To do this you must hold down “X” while you press “start” to turn it on. Then, you can hold select down for 3 seconds to put it in pairing mode. So it has to be turned on while holding down “X” for the first time when you sync it to ensure it’s in the right mode when syncing.

1 Like

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.65 (aa9a734f) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.3 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.22621
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-10-02 14:43:27

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.taskman”, line 122, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt.taskman”, line 71, in
File “aqt.taskman”, line 90, in wrapped_done
File “aqt.operations”, line 125, in wrapped_done
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 460, in after_answer
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 476, in _after_answering
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 833, in check_timebox
File “anki.collection”, line 1297, in timeboxReached
File “anki._legacy”, line 80, in getattr
AttributeError: ‘Collection’ object has no attribute ‘_startTime’

Support for the 8BitDo Micro controller would be fantastic.

Additionally, if a function could be added to pause card timer (Speed Focus Mode add-on), that would be great!

1 Like

I connect my controlller (8bit zero2 ) to windows, open anki, press a button on my controller and contanki crashes and gives me the following

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 23.10.1 (fac9e0ee) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.6.0 PyQt 6.6.0
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-12-03 18:01:54
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨Contanki - Controller Support for Anki beta⁩

Caught exception:
File “aqt.webview”, line 50, in cmd
File “aqt.webview”, line 157, in _onCmd
File “aqt.webview”, line 680, in _onBridgeCmd
File “_aqt.hooks”, line 5415, in call
File “C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1898790263\contanki.py”, line 141, in on_receive_message
funcsfunc
File “C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1898790263\contanki.py”, line 160, in if_connected_wrapper
func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1898790263\contanki.py”, line 198, in poll
self.do_axes_actions(state, axes)
File “C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1898790263\contanki.py”, line 160, in if_connected_wrapper
func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1898790263\contanki.py”, line 309, in do_axes_actions
value = axes[axis]
IndexError: list index out of range

I am using a switch JoyCon. I just updated to the latest version of Anki today and now have problems with this add-on. I can connect my controller fine and use it to flip cards and answer, but once I try to scroll like I used to be able to, somehow I lose actions. I can no longer flip, answer, etc. once I try to scroll. I haven’t changed any settings in the Options menu. Usually when I first connect the controller, it is recognized as a 360 controller, but I just manually switch it to JoyCon in the menu. Here’s my debug info.

Anki 23.10.1 (fac9e0ee) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.6.0 PyQt 6.6.0
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-12-03 09:48:23

3 controllers detected:
Xbox 360 Controller (XInput STANDARD GAMEPAD)
Buttons: 17
Axes: 4

Unknown Gamepad (Vendor: 045e Product: 09cf)
Buttons: 0
Axes: 3

Wireless Gamepad (STANDARD GAMEPAD Vendor: 057e Product: 2007)
Axes: 2

8bitdo not doing what is programmed on the remote and what the overlay for that screen says. Ex: L arrow is programmed to scroll down (and says that is what it’ll do on the screen) but it reverses. Up arrow is supposed to only “undo” but will scroll up and undo at the same time. Down arrow is only supposed to mark, but will mark and scroll up.

Any tips?

You could always create a custom action for “P” which will pause the timer!

Hi, today when I opened the Contanki editing window, it popped up as the height of my screen and will not allow me to move or resize it. I also cannot see the buttons along the bottom of the window now. This has never happened before, I have tried uninstalling Contanki and restarting anki. Let me know if there is a way to fix this, great addon!
Anki version 23.12.1
Mac OS 14.2.1

Hello! I was trying to change the configurations of the buttons. Later today, I opened Anki again and the below error popped up:

Anki 23.12.1 (1a1d4d54) (ao)
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.3 PyQt 6.5.3
Platform: macOS-13.5.2-arm64-arm-64bit

When loading Contanki - Controller Support for Anki beta:
File “/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1898790263/funcs.py”, line 156, in get_custom_actions
key = keys[0].key()
IndexError: sequence index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “aqt.addons”, line 245, in loadAddons
File “/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1898790263/init.py”, line 8, in
from .contanki import Contanki
File “/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1898790263/contanki.py”, line 43, in
class Contanki(AnkiWebView):
File “/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1898790263/contanki.py”, line 59, in Contanki
custom_actions = get_custom_actions()
File “/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1898790263/funcs.py”, line 159, in get_custom_actions
key = keys[0] # type: ignore
IndexError: sequence index out of range

@C.F Now supported!

@mason.allen I’m still investigating this issue, it seems to be specific to JoyCons. In the mean time, try assigning scroll to a button instead of a stick.

@agoldstein135 The last two updates include fixes to the mapping of several 8BitDo controllers as well as a way to reassign buttons that aren’t mapped correctly. Please give it a try.

@crharrison This behaviour should be improved with the today’s update, please give it a try

@jellybean This issue should be fixed with today’s release.

Hi @roxgib ! I just wanted to say, Contanki is absolutely incredible and I rely on this add on so so so much! I’ve done alot of tinkering with the add on and have explored so much and it is incredible how much variation you account for in this addon. I’m only a uni student and never do this but would absolutely love to buy you a coffee.

I’m currently having two main problems:

(I use a 8Bitdo Zero 2 controller, like most others i feel)

1. Whenever I reconnect my controller, it always defaults to creating a new profile, under either Xbox360 OR 8BitPro. A way to make the add on have a default profile would be splendid so that I don’t have to go in and change it every single time.

2. The scroll up and scroll down buttons also double as a forward and backward button, so you don’t really get a chance to scroll. I noticed that @agoldstein135, and mason.allen having similar issues with the scroll function, and I’m really not sur what to do to fix it.

I can email or send any diagnostics you may need for further info.

Thanks so much again!

Daniel

I’ve been enjoying using the add-on, including the convenience of the left/right stick controls for deck browsing. I noticed after the latest update, these controls no longer seem to be working. I wanted to bring this to your attention in case it wasn’t an intended change. Thank you for your continued development and dedication to this project, even on a voluntary basis.

The add-on is great.

I just wanted to signal that the cursor does not work. Selecting works (i.e. left click), only the cursor doesn’t move.

I have a Mac Sonoma , a PS4 Dualshock controller and Anki is ⁨23.12.1.

Here the data from the add-on help window:
Anki 23.12.1 (1a1d4d54) (ao)
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.3 PyQt 6.5.3
Platform: macOS-14.4-arm64-arm-64bit
1 controller detected:
DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller (STANDARD GAMEPAD Vendor: 054c Product: 09cc)
Buttons: 18

Hi, not a bug but a suggestion. Is it possible to add zoom in/zoom out controls to the add-on?

Hello, a quick question: Does Contanki support one-by-one card type? No assigned button except “Click” reveals next answer as far as I know.

Hello! I am having some issues with my controls. I have an 8BitDo zero 2, and I’ve used the add-on with the same setting for years. However, the controls seemed to have changed overnight. I originally had “flip card” set to B on the controller, but now it only allows me to press A to flip the card. When looking at the control setting, everything is normal, but it does not translate to what the controller is letting me do. I have tried redownloading the add-on, but it did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anki 2.1.65 (aa9a734f) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.0 PyQt 6.5.0

Platform: macOS-14.2.1-x86_64-i386-64bit

Add-ons, last update check: 2024-04-22 09:40:53

1 controller detected:

8BitDo Zero 2 gamepad (STANDARD GAMEPAD Vendor: 045e Product: 02e0)