Cards not adjusting to new interval

Hi all,

I just recently started a new term and changed my interval settings a bit. However, about a week in, I realized that I screwed up the new interval when setting it and some cards had steps that were really off. For example, I have some cards that are going from 1d to 4d to 3d to 7d intervals with each passing step. One of the steps was shortened from the previous step, and I have no clue how that happened. Either way, I resolved the wrong interval that I had and adjusted it, and saved it to all my decks and subdecks.

The main issue that I have now is that after saving the new settings to all my decks, the cards that had been unsuspended and had gone through some of the steps on the wrong interval I had previously have not changed to the new interval once I started reviewing them again. They continued at the same interval as before.

My question is if once a card has been unsuspended and learned at least once, does it stick to the interval it was first learned on and cannot be changed anymore, or am I missing something? Is there something I can do or an add-on that can resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If ya’ll need any more info or details lmk and I’ll provide them.

I have about a week’s worth of new cards under the old interval, so about 800 cards that I did, so I’d like to resolve this soon because these steps are way too short and are driving me nuts this week with my reviews.

Thanks!

If you change learning steps while cards are currently in learning, they may temporarily behave strangely until they finish their old number of steps, or you rate them Again.