Card Order Issues With Reordering, I need urgent help

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 21.48.31

For some reason after trying to use the reposition function, in the “due” column there are now several arbitrary numbers next to “New” and I am confused on how to get this to return back to its normal numerical 1-40 (as there are 40 cards in this deck)

I think that wide range of New cards are there because you have other decks on your collection. If you choose to see your Whole Collection you should be able to see all new cards correctly, i.e., New #1, #2, #3, etc, instead of New #34, #77, etc

You should be able to select those cards and go to the menu Cards -> Reposition to place those cards of your current deck at the beginning of the queue:

2 Likes

Anki uses those numbers just to determine the order cards are shown - so it doesn’t matter whether it’s 1-40, 100-140, and so on. If you find the numbers are in a random order, perhaps you had the randomize button enabled in the reposition screen, or the deck options?

2 Likes

brilliant thank you, with regards to reordering cards how would one go about doing that i.e. if I wanted the last 3 cards of the deck to go at the start, is this feasible?

Furthermore, is it possible to delete a card from the deck, I am uncertain as to where this function is, many thanks.

Yes, just:

1. Select a deck
  2. Sort the cards by their New date by clicking on the Due column
  3. Select the last 3 cards and go to the menu Cards -> Reposition... to move them up

Just select a card and go to the menu Notes -> Delete