Change date/Reposition order

Hi guys.

I would like to suggest two options for Anki:

1. Change the card creation date.
  2. Reposition the order of card creation.

I often create decks in a course format, which should follow an order or sequence. And as time goes on, I revise and add new cards, which may not be at the end of the deck, but in another position. It would be great if we could rearrange them in a native and natural way, without problems.

Thank you very much.

1. You can try using reposition tool

Change the order new cards will appear in. You can find out the existing positions by enabling the due column, as described in the table section above. If you run the reposition command when multiple cards are selected, it will apply increasing numbers to each card in turn. By default the number increases by one for each card, but this can be adjusted by changing the “step” setting. The Shift position of existing cards option allows you to insert cards between currently existing ones, pushing the currently existing ones apart. For instance, if you have five cards and you want to move 3, 4, and 5 between 1 and 2, selecting this setting would cause the cards to end up in the order 1, 3, 4, 5, 2. By contrast, if you turn this option off, 1 and 2 will get the same position number (and it will thus be unpredictable which of the cards with the same number comes up first). Please note that when enabled, any card with a higher position will be modified, and all of those changed cards will need to be sent the next time you sync.

2 Likes