Cannot log into Ankiweb account

I recently created a new Anki web account after deleting the old one as I had problems with syncing after having subscribed and downloaded the Anking Overhaul Deck from AnkiHub. There was a delay in the verification email sent to my address, so I tried to delete the account again which would show an error message. Meanwhile I got the verification email. When I click on it, I get to the interface where I have to log into my account and when I do that, an error message appears: “System Error. Sorry, something went wrong while processing your request. Please try again, and if the problem persists, please [let us know]” So basically, I cannot log into nor delete my account. When trying to sign up as a new account, it says that the email address is already in use.

What can I do to either delete or log into my account?

Edit: When I try to log in with my account name and password and click on login, Safari asks me to download and when I say yes it downloads a file called “login” which opens up a text editor

The issue preventing your account from being deleted should be fixed now. If you proceed with that and then try logging in again to a new account, if problems persist, please follow up on Error: ” No account was found with that email address.” on iPad with web browser (not ankimobile) but not on PC - #2 by dae, which looks like a similar issue.

Thanks for your fast reply! Unfortunately, I still cannot log into the account and delete. When I click the login button, Safari downloads a file called „login“ with 0 kb so just the icon I assume.

Could you just delete the account entirely so I can create a new one with that email?

Thank you in advance!

Problem solved, I could log into the account and delete via Safari on my iPhone. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.