Cannot in any way whatsoever upload decks to anki web

hello ppl what is happening is very weir. I have a very weird issue. My anki never uploads when syncing instead it only downloads decks. I have 13 decks I want to upload to anki. WhenI press Sync on my Desktop.

instead of getting this window:

which gives the option to upload to anki web too it instantly starts syncing downloading the stuff from anki web which is basically empty.

is that a known issue??? The SAME thing exactly happens also on the mobile.

Is that an android windows bug or sth?

Can somebody reset my account so that I can sync fresh again from mobile or web?
It is so weird and basically the app loses half of its functionality.

At least someone confirm that this is a known bug.
Sorry for my tone but this is so weird

I’m just a regular user, nothing official from me.

You assert that you’ve run into a bug in Anki. Maybe. Maybe the app behaves differently than you expect it to be. And there’s the possibility of a mistake made by the user. Who knows …?

The dialog you show is only shown in case of sync conflicts that can’t be resolved, see Introduction - Anki Manual

you can manually force an upload. At the linked section of the manual there’s

If you wish to force a full upload or download (for example, because you accidentally deleted a deck on one side and want to restore the deck rather than having its deletion synchronized), you can check the “On next sync, force changes in one direction” box in Tools>Preferences>Network, then sync as usual. (You’ll be given the option to choose which side you want to use.)

As always: In general with each software you use it’s a good idea to have a real backup of all your user data (incuding your anki stuff) with real backup software and to know how to restore it. A cloud storage like onedrive or dropbox is not a full replacement.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! You just saved my day! I think I am going to consider some backup software to keep some stuff externally too. would suggest any?

I don’t use windows and it depends on many personal things. There are many good free solutions but sometimes they are more complicated to use or miss some functionality that’s useful for you. So for some people paid solutions are better but these are too expensive for many other people. So I can’t help.

In the past I have suggested a paid software in another forum that seems to work for some family members. I quickly got private messages from this company about coupons if I suggest this software more often. So you can’t fully trust forum recommendations …