Auto Advance button in iPhone/iPad hides the review

Hi…
I think this might be a BUG???
When I accidentally touched Auto Advance button on a particular subDeck on my iPhone , after a while the message appeared as “Today’s review limit has been reached, but there are still cards waiting to be reviewed. For optimum memory, consider increasing the daily limit in the options.” And this is not only for the particular subDeck but also the MasterDeck which has this subDeck also got affected. But other subDecks in that MasterDeck were unaffected.

And I tried for a long time to search for a solution on google and also in this forum .
Tried to change the review limits and all other pieces of stuff given here, But was getting the same message repeatedly…

But finally, I decided to try with a Backup to the previous day via my iPhone
And now with back up, THANK GOD I COULD SORT IT OUT… But I have to review all the cards which I did yesterday also…
I wonder if there is any way to sort it out without Back up tool (becoz, if my review cards are huge in number, it will be more difficult to do them all again. _

Thanks
Rizan

Hi…
I think this might be a BUG???
When I accidentally touched Auto Advance button on a particular subDeck on my iPhone, after a while the message appeared as “Today’s review limit has been reached, but there are still cards waiting to be reviewed. For optimum memory, consider increasing the daily limit in the options.” And this is not only for the particular subDeck but also the MasterDeck which has this subDeck also got affected. But other subDecks in that MasterDeck were unaffected.

And I tried for a long time to search for a solution on google and also in this forum.
Tried to change the review limits and all other pieces of stuff given here, But was getting the same message repeatedly…

But finally, I decided to try with a Backup to the previous day via my iPhone
And now with back up, THANK GOD I COULD SORT IT OUT… But I have to review all the cards which I did yesterday also…
I wonder if there is any way to sort it out without Back up tool (becoz, if my review cards are huge in number, it will be more difficult to do them all again. _

Thanks
Rizan

And I did the same again with my iPhone and then I checked using my iPad also with the Auto Advance button. Same scenario… Then I doubted whether is it a problem with iOS or in all other platforms? as I don’t see the Auto Advance button in the Windows version…

The default behaviour of the “auto advance” feature is to bury cards, meaning they will appear again the next day. The congratulations message also tells you when there are buried cards, and you can manually unbury them if you don’t want to wait for a day.

Hello,
Thank you for your response…
But I tried with “Unbury deck” option on my iPhone. But still, the same message comes as “Today’s review limit has been reached, but
I’m really confused about how to get this sorted out. I’m a Doctor and preparing for the MD Anaesthesiology exam nowadays. I’m totally dependant on ANKI for all my study stuff.
Hope to expect a good solution to continue my studies smoothly…
Thank you.
Rizan

I don’t see any buried cards in your collection, so they have presumably been unburied already. Most of your cards appear to be not due for review yet. Could it be that you are trying to review cards that are due on future dates? If so, please see Anki's not showing me all my cards! - Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks a lot for the quick response,
I went through the FAQ link you sent to me but unfortunately didn’t solve the problem…

Here Im attaching a screen shot.
Here Master Deck is Anaesthesiology Part 1B
There are 3 Subdecks as you can see. Those Subdecks even consist of mini Subdecks inside. At the beginning of the day I could Review Master Deck and all 3 Subdecks seperately. But once I completed the Reviews in PHYSIOLOGY subdeck I’m unable to Review the MasterDeck Anaesthesiology Part 1B. This problem occurs with this PHYSIOLOGY deck only… But I can Review other Subdecks- PHARMACOLOGY and PHYSICS. If I finish those 2 Subdeck this problem doesn’t seem to be.
Any idea of possibility…?
Forgive me for the troubles.

Your decks appear to have inconsistent capitalization (eg the top deck is called ‘Anaesthesiology Part 1B’, but one child is called '‘ANAESTHESIOLOGY PART 1B::PHARMACOLOGY’ for example). I’ve made a note to look into it, but in the mean time, you can work around it by switching to the v3 scheduler, which does not suffer from this problem: The 2021 scheduler - Frequently Asked Questions

Hi dae,
Thanks a lot for the great help. Yes, I checked the Decks and there were differences in the CASES as you said "inconsistent capitalization. I changed the Master Deck’s Case again. And now the problem is completely sorted out since all the Children are having the same CASE of Parent Deck.
Thanks again for the great support you provided. Thumbs up… image