AnkiDroid allows to import a deck only upon download, otherwise all files look unrelated to the app?

Hello,

as per the title. I have upgraded to a fancier looking Anki Desktop for W10 a couple of weeks ago, when I usually refuse to update.
It’s version ⁨2.1.60 (76d88073)⁩.

Since then, I have created a new deck on this new version.
As I have transferred it to my Android device, I can’t import them into AnkiDroid 2.15.6 (should really be the latest). The files don’t look like Anki decks, so I can’t open them with AnkiDroid. And if I try to import from AnkiDroid, the app doesn’t seem them among the files in the folder, they are completely inexistent from the perspective of AnkiDroid.

So, what’s the latest Anki Desktop version that whose exports have certain compatibility with AnkiDroid?

Many thanks

UPDATE

The problem seems to be with AnkiDroid. If I download a deck onto the device (an Android Smartphone), once the download is complete I am offered the chance to open the deck/import it into my AnkiDroid. That’s my only chance. If I pass on that, I’m stuck with a file that AnkiDroid won’t recognise. It happens to much older Anki exports, so desktop is not to blame.
More likely an issue with the latest AnkiDroid or with my oldish device.

Is anybody elese experiencing this? Will change the title.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.