Import error ankidroid

Hello there
I cant import shared decks for some reason
I get this message after downloading
Please help :pray:

Problem have been fixed in beta of 2.1.7, but have not reached stable release

1. Go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ichi2.anki
  2. Subscribe for Beta updates
  3. You will get an update for 2.17 alpha 3 (maybe restart play store or wait a few min)

Thanks for your answer, i got the 2.17 alpha 3 version, but it still doesn’t work, please help

(I have enough storage space)

Your topbar reminds me of samsung, could you try
1. Clear an app’s data
2. Clean your device’s storage and memory

Both above are the same link

This has a better tutorial for Clean device storage and memory

Once Enable the backend UI screens for importing an anki package by lukstbit · Pull Request #14622 · ankidroid/Anki-Android · GitHub is merged and a new alpha is put out, please try again and see if the issue persists.

Sorry, i didn’t really understand
So you are saying that i need to wait for the new alpha to come out, right?

Yes, the next alpha released after the linked issue is merged. It hasn’t been merged yet.

I downloaded the new alpha, but it stil doesn’t work, and shows this
What does that mean?

The screen is telling you that you already have those cards. If you scroll to the right, you can tap on the magnifying glass icon to search for the cards.

Blank(

What is blank= I am not sure I understand your last post. As dae said, the screenshot you showed us says that the notes have already been imported. You are trying to reimport them, so that’s why they are being skipped.

You should have the new deck on your deck list and the cards in the Browser (you can find this on the left side menu).

If you received a blank screen after tapping on a magnifying glass, that indicates a bug in the alpha - please report that issue to the AnkiDroid developers. The cards you tried to import should still be manually searchable in the browse screen though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.