Add decks from computer to AnkiWeb

Hello!

I used Anki for the last time like 4 years ago. Back then, all my decks were backed up on via AnkiWeb. They aren’t anymore, but I still have all the cards I’ve created on my computer.

Is there a way to upload them to AnkiWeb again? If there is, I can’t seem to find it.

I’m really scared of doing anything before asking bc I really don’t want to lose my cards.

Thank you on beforehand!

AnkiWeb only deletes inactive user’s data for space, so unless there’s something else that’s an issue, syncing the data should just re-send it and then work as normal.

If you’re concerned about your cards, you can File, Export, then choose the whole Anki collection (including media). This makes a backup of every deck, card and all review history as explained here: Exporting - Anki Manual

4 Likes

Just click the Sync button at the top of the deck list and log in to your account or create a new one.

I’ve exported my decks so at least now I’m not scared of losing them.

When I press the refresh button I get this msg:

Syncing failed:

‘[Errno 1] _ssl.c:507: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version’

I don’t seem to be logged in to the email connected to the homepage at all? I’m just called User 1. Don’t see my email address anywhere

You seem to be using Anki 2.0, which is no longer supported. Download the latest version from https://apps.ankiweb.net/

1 Like

Solved! Thanks!