2.1.49 Mac Automatic Unbury still not working

Although the update ostensibly fixe the unbury issue, it has not actually fixed it. I still have to unbury cards manually or they show up as due on my iPhone but not on my Mac.
I have reinstalled 2.1.49 several times, each time thinking maybe there was a new update and not realizing it was the same version as before.

I’m not able to reproduce this here. Are you using the v3 scheduler? Which device is burying the cards? Have you ruled out add-ons?

Thank you for your reply - sorry I missed it. I just checked and it turns out one of my devices wasn’t using the v3 scheduler. I have fixed that and will return here if the problem persists.

1 Like

Hello. Unfortunately the issue persists. It is hard for me to tell which device is burying the cards, whether my iPhone or Mac, since I study on both every day. Both devices have the v3 scheduler enabled as of two days ago but yesterday and today both had cards that did not unbury themselves.

I have not yet ruled out add-ons. Would a way to rule out add-ons be the following:
-deactivate one add-on, worth through an entire deck, if that deck has cards that don’t unbury themselves the next day the add-on wasn’t the problem
-repeat for all three add-ons

Thanks

After considering it more, I have determined it must be my MacBook that is creating (at least some of) these un-self-unburying cards. I realized I always do my Hindi flashcards on the computer (to listen to better audio) and every day have Hindi flashcards that fail to unbury themselves.

An AnkiMobile update was sent to Apple today, and will likely be available on the app store in about 24-48 hours. After it comes out and you’ve updated, please see if the problem continues to persist after a couple of days of usage.

Hello. I think you were right in suspecting AnkiMobile.

For the past week, when I complete decks on my mac or on my phone it appears to work well. The burying seems to be working correctly. Until I sync.
If I sync my Mac and my phone together, suddenly more unfinished cards appear (aka they unbury themselves) on the phone. They are not visible on the Mac.
If I complete decks on the phone and sync only the phone nothing appears. It only appears when I also sync my mac. Even if I did none of them on the mac, if I sync my phone then sync the mac, then sync the phone again the cards will unbury themselves.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for elaborating, that helps to narrow it down. I’ve created a separate post to track this issue: Inconsistent card counts when syncing

I think the issue has been resolved for me. I am commenting here instead of in the larger group because it appears some others may still have an issue.

Never mind. I managed to reproduce the issue.

By “reproduce the issue”, do you mean that leaving the app and returning to it, then pulling down to refresh the deck list, causes cards to be unburied? If so, are you sure you’ve updated to 2.0.83?

No, what I meant was that I completed my flashcards on the mac and then it showed there as being more to do still on the phone when I synced them.
However, I realized today when the same thing happened that the problem was cards that were still buried from last week. I have now unburied all of those. I am not sure if there continues to be any issue but will let you know.

I’m also having some issues in regards to burying on my mac. There are some cards being buried with their siblings, but then it seems like they are not unburying themselves like they should. I had to go through the bug initially with the AnkiMobile app automatically unburying all of the cards so I just did all of the cards to clear it out. For some of the siblings, I went ahead and manually rescheduled, but it seems like the cards are not unburying themselves like they should.

Cloze 2 should have unburied itself on 11/28 since that’s when I set it to, but it didn’t. Cloze 1 and Cloze 3 happened on days outside of 11/28. I initially thought maybe either Cloze 1 or 3 happened on 11/28 so it buried itself longer, but that wasn’t the case

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but here is the info:

Close 1 Stats

Cloze 2 stats

Cloze 3 stats

I can confirm the problem persists. When I do them on the mac instead on the phone they do not automatically unbury themselves.

Would you both mind giving the new 2.1.50beta1 a go for a couple of days and seeing if it helps?

You bet, I just installed it.

It has not made a difference. I am still having the same original issue.

Could you let me know privately the email you sync with so I can look up your AnkiWeb collection?

Thanks for that. I see 184 buried cards in your AnkiWeb collection at the moment, which get unburied as soon as I attempt to open a copy using the computer version (my timezone may be ahead of yours). If you avoid syncing/using your mobile device until the day rolls over, then open the computer version again, does is:buried in the browse screen show any cards, or are the cards successfully being unburied in that case?

I have never not synced my mobile device before the day rollover so I will have to wait a few days to find out.

I can say that when I have synced it (whether that makes a difference we have yet to see) there are is:buried cards after the day rollover.