Why when I downloaded a new card pack did I lose the back of all my self-created cards?

In the last package update, I wondered about the inverted side.

The only way that would happen is if you changed the note type of your self-created cards. It’s unusual for an import to do that because Anki is designed specifically to avoid it. It’s possible something else is tricking you in to thinking that, but first thing’s first.

Most important is to get your collection restored to how it was ASAP!

• If you want to roll-back changes you’ve made just now (and haven’t closed or synced since then) – Edit > Undo [Ctrl Z] the change. [If you select it from the menu Anki will describe which change it is reversing with each click (useful when you can’t see it happening!).]
  • If you want to roll-back changes made longer ago than that – Restore from an automatic or manual backup, Restoring an Automatic Backup (Recovering from Data Loss) - Frequently Asked Questions .
    • If you just want to grab one thing from a backup (like the text of a template, or one deck out of many), you can minimize data loss by importing the backup into a brand new (temporary) profile, find what you’re looking for, copy/export it, and then delete that profile.

Once that’s taken care of, we can look at what the note type is on your own cards, and make sure it is preserved when you do the import.

Can you clarify – when you say “lost the back” do you mean a “Back” field disappeared from your note type? Or the reversed/“Back” cards disappeared? Or a “Back” field disappeared from some of your cards? Or 

1 Like

Thank you; I caught my mistake, yes!!!

The correct one is inverted, or “back”. In fact, “back” is an adverb or a verb, it means bottom or behind, while “Reverse” and “Invert” are nouns or verbs. Reverse is like “the truck reversed into the back of a bus”. Not as inverted, but he reversed the trajectory/ direction opposite or maybe an action, or “UNO reverse card”. Even though I understood it, have you forgotten the real meaning?

In clarity socio-cultural and American English, I believe that conciseness back is more prevalent.

I wasn’t trying to correct your English – just trying to figure out what you meant as kindly and usefully as possible, since you might be worried about what you had lost. I don’t think you need to snipe at me about me not understanding English. I’m doing just fine on that front. :+1:t4:

1 Like

I am utilizing 400 EWW CSS*, which is excessively lengthy for a brief 50 words to be completed within a day. :smiley: :+1: I think it was the type of card I used, the “Front and the Verse”. That is not unusual twice, now I am uncertain! Could you explain this change to the note type better, please?

I caught my error!?

Last time, it was for one-way syncs. Please be cautious when back-up, as I typically utilize a computer that regularly backs up to Ankiweb, which can be a significant inconvenience. However, I have previously used my mobile device, before back-up Ankiweb, which I comprehended. :+1: :face_with_peeking_eye:

Somehow I complement the “Front and verse” card type with CSS* 400 Essential English words (all books).

Erro
Ocorreu um erro. Por favor, inicie o Anki enquanto segura a tecla shift, isto vai desabilitar temporariamente as extensĂ”es que vocĂȘ instalou.
Se o problema ocorrer somente quando as extensÔes são habilitadas, use o Ferramentas > ExtensÔes para desabilitar algumas extensÔes e reinicie o Anki, repetindo até descobrir a extensão que estå causando o problema.
Quando vocĂȘ descobrir a extensĂŁo que estĂĄ causando o problema, por favor reporte o problema em site de suporte de extensĂŁo.
InformaçÔes de Depuração:
Anki 2.1.62 (77dd1dc1) Python 3.9.15 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.5
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19042
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2024-04-13 18:03:04

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.webview”, line 46, in cmd
File “aqt.webview”, line 153, in _onCmd
File “aqt.webview”, line 662, in _onBridgeCmd
File “C:\Users\Ammy\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\877182321\column.py”, line 15, in _linkHandler
return columnHandler(self, arg)
File “C:\Users\Ammy\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\877182321\column.py”, line 23, in columnHandler
draggedDeckId = int(draggedDeckId)
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ‘undefined’???

Why is this a reply to me?

My Google Chrome is with Marwave or some viruses I can’t see, how do I do?

I can’t help you with viruses in Google Chrome. This isn’t the right place for you to ask about that.

1 Like

How do I resolve this issue, if I need a new text-to-speed, I want to increase the character’s speech speed.

I have ADHD

Again, you are asking in the wrong place. That is an error provided by an add-on, and seems to indicate that the free service you’re using has blocked you.

1 Like