Weird Custom Study/Review Forgotten Cards Behaviour

Most days I do a Custom Study > Review Forgotten Cards [3 days] on my main deck.

It behaved exactly as expected. Showing each forgotten card once, only repeating those that were not recalled.

I’ve been doing this for years.

Since upgrading to 23.10, I’m experiencing weird behaviour.

Cards are repeating even though they were remembered. Repeatedly. Like 4, 5, 6 times. Also, it will get down to 4 or 5 cards being learned (red number) remaining, then that number starts increasing. It just went from 4 to 9 then 18 and I emptied the deck. Ain’t got time for that.

Also, when I randomly fire up Anki now, there will sometimes be cards to be learned in the Custom Study Deck despite the session previously being completed.

Do I have radical new things to learn about the new scheduler here or is something broken?

V2 scheduler used to have two rating options for Custom Study > Review Forgotten Cards (more in general, this applied to all filtered decks that do not have the “Reschedule cards based on my answers in this deck” option active):

V3 scheduler has 4:

So, when using V3 scheduler, if you don’t want to see the same card again inside the same Custom Study session, you need to rate it as “Easy”

2 Likes

Your answer was far more straightforward than I was expecting. Thank you @jcznk. I clearly need to get used to this new way of doing things.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.