V3 custom scheduling code ignored by AnkiMobile

I wrote some custom scheduling code for the v3 scheduler as described here, and it works great on the desktop version of Anki but it appears to be completely ignored by AnkiMobile. As a test, I tried putting in some garbage javascript, and it is ignored as well. Is there a trick to getting Anki mobile to recognize v3 custom scheduling code? The above link says it is supported.

Thanks,
Mike

1 Like

Thanks for the report, I’ll look into why it has stopped working.

2 Likes

Just wondering if there was any update on this. Are you able to reproduce it?

Thanks a lot,
Mike

I’m afraid I haven’t had a chance to get to this yet, but it is still on my radar, and I expect a fix to be in the next update.

1 Like

Thanks, greatly appreciated!

Affected by this as well; is there any estimate on when the next update will be? @dae

I sent 2.0.84 to Apple this morning, so it should hopefully be approved and available for download within a couple of days.

2 Likes

The update was approved overnight, so you either wait for it to roll out over the next 7 days, or grab it immediately by downloading it from the app store page.

I’m using my custom scheduling code on iPad now and loving it, thanks Damian!

I have noticed one small problem. I often edit a card after seeing the answer (e.g., if I missed it because my Japanese vocab question could be answered by another word that is a synonym). At that point, AnkiMobile immediately asks me the question again since I haven’t yet said whether I got it right or wrong, which reruns the custom editing code, resulting in the ease being doubly incremented (by 10 rather than 5).

I’m guessing that one possible way to address would be to, when it re-asks a card after it is edited, to reset the eases for the individual answers to what they were before running the custom scheduler again.

I am fully aware that this is an exceedingly minor nit on a great feature, and I could live with it never being fixed, but I figure it is still right to report the issue.

Thanks again for this great feature, I’m sure it’s saved me many hours already!

Thanks for the report, I’ve added it to the todo list.

1 Like