V2.1.54 doesn't display modified image

After updating my Anki desktop to V2.1.54 I encountered a problem in modifying images. After open/edit/save successfully an image of a card, Anki still displays the old image and not the modified one; but after restarting Anki the modified image displays correctly as it is.

It seems the database is locked! Do I have to change a permission or something in somewhere?

1 Like

If you open/edit/save your image in an external tool, you will be modifying the image on the hard disk, not the one loaded in the memory which Anki uses. Until you tell Anki it must fetch again that image, it won’t see the changes. Now, how do you tell Anki to fetch it again? I don’t know, but you could try Tools > Check Media, maybe that will work.

1 Like

Unfortunately Check Media and Check Database doesn’t work and FYI the problem doesn’t exist on V2.1.48 version!
I really don’t know why they have removed such an essential property of card modifying operation. :thinking: :pensive:

The behaviour was changed because it was triggering a bug. fix webviews sometimes failing to load, by enabling cache · ankitects/anki@db5117c · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks dear Dae. Hope you find a solution soon :pray: as it’s so annoying to restart the app frequently while you study. :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:

1 Like