Updating to Anki v2 Scheduler without ruining long learning periods

I am a student using Anki 2.1.35 and have been using the AnKing deck since March of this year. I started creating filtered decks recently but noticed that clicking “rebuild all” every day reset my card status from “due” to “new”. Upon further investigation, I realized that I had the v2 scheduler add-on however it was not checked in preferences as I did not know that was necessary when I began studying with AnKing. I would like to switch to the v2 scheduler so I can avoid issues with filtered decks and get the other benefits the new scheduler provides but I do not want to mess up my learning progress. How should I go about this?

There is a manual: The Anki 2.1 scheduler - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

I have read this and changing the scheduler would reset all of my progress on my current cards correct? It seems like learning cards are most likely to be reset, but I’m not sure how exactly reviews will be affected. Is there a way to avoid this? Thanks in advance!

Simply update to Anki 2.1.41+ as detailed in the FAQ.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.