Updating to Anki 2.1 scheduler changes the number of cards to practice in a weird way

Here is how my deck looks before updating to Anki 2.1 scheduler.

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 12.46.24

As you can see there are 32 cards to practice + 6 new cards to learn. (7+2+9+2+9+3 = 32)

This is what happens when I update to the Anki 2.1 scheduler
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 12.46.39

Now there are 234 cards to practise. I don’t see how that is possible. As it still lists the same numbers for the individual decks (7+2+9+2+9+3 does not equal 234)

I undid the update and I am now back on the older Anki 2.0 scheduler. However, I’m not sure what to do. I understand AnkiMobile will no longer work with the older Anki 2.0 scheduler*. But I don’t want to have to practice 234 cards. That’s just too much for me to do.

Any ideas? Thank you.

*Note: Although the screenshots are from AnkiDesktop, AnkiMobile is the device I use the most, so compatibility with that is important to me.

My guess is you have small daily limits set on the subdecks, and overdue cards. The V2 scheduler ignores the limits of child decks when you click on a parent. If you want them honored, I recommend you jump straight to V3. The 2021 scheduler - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Thanks! I finally got around to trying this and it worked, so thanks for the help!

1 Like