How to study card:3 and card:4 first?

Thank you for your help. I created a filtered deck using the search string you gave me (and gave the deck the name “00 Today Japanese script”). But it’s not working as expected.

Here is how many Anki decks looked when I first opened the app at the start of the day. You can see there are a total of 106 cards due between all decks.

I then tap on the “00 Today Japanese script” and select “rebuild”. My expectation is that this filter deck will collect all the card:3 and card:4 that are due today.

However, after doing this, the total number of cards in the deck is 187. That’s more than all the cards combined (before I used the filter deck):

You can see the Japanese deck has fallen from 70 to 54. So the “00 Today Japanese Script” has collected the card:3 and card:4 decks. But it also seems to have brought in cards from somewhere else (all my decks are shown in the screen shots. And these screen shots were taken at the very start of the day, so all the due counts are visible).

A while ago I was having a similar issue with updating to the V2 scheduler and so updated to the V3 one, so I wonder if that might be causing the issue.

Thanks for your continued help and thanks in advance for any help you can give.