Trouble Downloading Anki

I have a Mac OS 10.11 and I am having trouble downloading Anki. I have uploaded the Anki version for Mac OS X 10.10+ but every time I open it, it leaves me the following message " ‘Anki’ us damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash". I am not sure what to do and I need help :frowning:

I don’t use a Mac, but it looks as if you selected the correct version of Anki (2.1.35) to match your Mac OS 10.11

However, your Mac OS has been well out of date since Aug 2018:
https://computing.cs.cmu.edu/news/2019/eol-macos-elcapitan
I think Anki 2.1.35 will have been frozen at some date in the past, but maybe your OS has been receiving continuous bug fixes since 2.1.35 was frozen. So your OS might no longer be compatible with 2.1.35.

IMHO, your first step should be to upgrade to the latest OS which can be accomodated by your hardware. Apple OS upgrades have been free since about 2013. (Maybe try the latest version first, then work backwards according to the error messages - which should be instantaneous).

If you don’t have enough disk space to upgrade, maybe you can uninstall some infrequently-used files.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

2.1.35-alternate should work on macOS 10.11 - maybe you accidentally downloaded the standard 2.1.35 instead? If neither work, you could try an older Anki version.

1 Like