Tried adding add-ons and now error message -- unable to open Anki

I tried adding on the 2.1 Anking add-ons to my current desktop app. Once I did, I received error messages stating that the add-ons failed, then the below error message. I tried starting Anki while holding the shift key, and was unable to open even still. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app with no luck. I restarted my computer and the same thing occurred. Please advise! I really need this app to work!

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.38 (355e4cd5) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.15.7
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=?
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-01-04 16:09:23
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨Customize Keyboard Shortcuts⁊

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/addons.py”, line 210, in loadAddons
File “/Users/hilaryknippers/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/24411424/init.py”, line 1, in
from . import custom_shortcuts
File “/Users/hilaryknippers/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/24411424/custom_shortcuts.py”, line 317, in
mw.toolbar.draw()
File “aqt/toolbar.py”, line 49, in draw
File “/Users/hilaryknippers/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/24411424/custom_shortcuts.py”, line 299, in cs_toolbarCenterLinks
return self._linkHTML(links)
AttributeError: ‘Toolbar’ object has no attribute ‘_linkHTML’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/main.py”, line 1077, in onPrefs
File “aqt/init.py”, line 100, in open
File “aqt/preferences.py”, line 38, in init
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘backend’

You should not get that message if you’ve held down shift. Please make sure you keep holding it down as Anki starts up.

1 Like

Thanks! I realized that last night and it opened.