Anki wont open because of add-on bug

I’ve found the add-on(MIA Japanese Addon) but I can’t disable it because Anki won’t let me enter my profile.

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.22 (0ecc189a) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=?
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-07-17 17:01:17

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt\progress.py”, line 76, in handler
File “aqt\main.py”, line 158, in setupProfileAfterWebviewsLoaded
File “aqt\main.py”, line 195, in setupProfile
File “<C:\Program Files\Anki\decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-22>”, line 2, in loadProfile
File “lib\site-packages\anki\hooks.py”, line 666, in decorator_wrapper
File “lib\site-packages\anki\hooks.py”, line 661, in repl
File “aqt\main.py”, line 345, in loadProfile
File “<C:\Program Files\Anki\decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-42>”, line 2, in loadCollection
File “lib\site-packages\anki\hooks.py”, line 657, in repl
File “<C:\Program Files\Anki\decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-40>”, line 2, in loadCollection
File “lib\site-packages\anki\hooks.py”, line 657, in repl
File “<C:\Program Files\Anki\decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-38>”, line 2, in loadCollection
File “lib\site-packages\anki\hooks.py”, line 658, in repl
File “C:\Users\ed\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\874215009\advancedbrowser\custom_fields.py”, line 255, in myLoadCollection
mw.col.db._db.create_function(“valueForOverdue”, 4, self.valueForOverdue)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘db’

From your post:

Tried it already but it still gives error. My Anki version is 2.1.22

edit: I managed to create a new profile and disabled the MIA add-ons. The above image still shows.

this error shows that you have downgraded anki without pressing downgrade & quit button.
you have to install the version that you had previously installed [1] (before downgrading to 2.1.22), go to File -> Switch Profile and press Downgrade & Quit button. then you can install 2.1.22 and open your profile.

[1] you can install the latest beta if you don’t know what version you had installed.

3 Likes

Okay, Im now trying 2.1.28

edit: It works! phew, I’ll read the changes next time around. Thanks!