Anki won't let me exit or switch profiles

Hello,

For the past couple days, my Anki won’t let me switch profiles or exit out of any screen, so I have been having to force quit every time I want to switch a profile or open up a new browse screen. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thank you!

What version are you using? On what OS?
Do you see the same things when you run without add-ons?

1 Like

I am running 23.12.1 (1a1d4d54)⁩. It started happening a couple days ago, then I updated to the most recent version and it was okay for a couple hours but now it’s back. I’m on Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1

And …

Sorry, no this didn’t work. I also haven’t added/changed my add-ons in a while

Troubleshooting - Anki Manual

Regardless of whether you’ve changed your add-ons – you upgraded Anki. If those add-ons are not ready for the new version you just upgraded to, all sorts of things can go wrong.

That’s partially what’s confusing me though, because these problems started 1-2 days before I updated Anki.

Okay, I disabled a couple of add-ons and now my main profile with my AnKing deck seems to be working. However, my other profiles are still experiencing the issues.

You’re heading in the right direction, but still not there.

The link above has instructions for how to run with all add-ons disabled. Try that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.