Anki Forums

Straight Reward [Official support]

This is the official support thread for the add-on Straight Reward. If you have any questions, or suggestions, you can leave them here.

If you’re familiar with GitHub, you can also leave an issue in the official repository instead.

Hello, first I would like to thank you about all the work that you made for this magnificent add - on. I just would like to know something, I’m just a normal guy studying languages and study as well, but I don’t understand which settings should I set to use your add - on. As a creator, I think you probably know the best way to use it, so how should I configure this add - on according to you ?

@yenK Currently I mostly use the following settings:

Begin at straight of length: 2
Base Reward: 5%
Step Reward: 5%
Start at ease: 130%
Stop at ease: 250%

This means to recover the ease from clicking Hard, it will take pressing Good 3 times, and to recover from a Fail it will take pressing Good 4 times.

Thank so much ! I just had a last question : does your Addon work even if we’re using anki on our mobile ? By the way I don’t use Anki via the App Store but on Google (AnkiWeb). Thanks !

Yes.

The sync hook increases the ease of cards during syncing.
Applies when you do reviews on another platform (e.g. AnkiMobile, AnkiDroid or AnkiWeb) and sync those back to Desktop Anki.

Note, that if you’re using AnkiDesktop on multiple computers, that you should only install Straight Rewards on one of them (the computer you use the most).