Speed Focus mode bug on Anki 2.1.35-standard

I recently downloaded the latest version of Anki after I had to wipe my computer’s hard drive clean. Previously I had been using an early version of Anki. (It might have even been before 2.0.)

On that version, I had modified the Speed Focus mode extension so that it auto-selected “hard” instead of “again,” by going into the files and replacing “self._answerCard(1)” to " self._answerCard(2)," and it worked great.

I did the same thing on the latest version, and it only works on reviews, not lapses or new cards. Those cards always get answered “again” instead of “hard.” Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know of a version of Anki where this add-on works?

It should also be noted that I have had the same problem with the Speed Focus mode 0.4 beta version.

Below is my error report. Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!

Debug info:

Anki 2.1.35 (84dcaa86) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2

Platform: Mac 10.16

Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2

Add-ons, last update check: 2020-11-16 12:51:12

Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨ Speed Focus Mode

Caught exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “aqt/webview.py”, line 37, in cmd

File “aqt/webview.py”, line 123, in _onCmd

File “aqt/webview.py”, line 547, in _onBridgeCmd

File “</Applications/Anki.app/Contents/MacOS/decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-34>”, line 2, in _linkHandler

File “anki/hooks.py”, line 638, in decorator_wrapper

File “anki/hooks.py”, line 635, in repl

File “/Users/User1/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/speed_focus_mode/reviewer.py”, line 259, in linkHandler

self._answerCard(1)

File “aqt/reviewer.py”, line 269, in _answerCard

File “aqt/reviewer.py”, line 110, in nextCard

File “anki/schedv2.py”, line 63, in getCard

File “anki/schedv2.py”, line 284, in _getCard

File “anki/schedv2.py”, line 331, in _getNewCard

File “</Applications/Anki.app/Contents/MacOS/decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-12>”, line 2, in _fillNew

File “anki/hooks.py”, line 638, in decorator_wrapper

File “anki/hooks.py”, line 635, in repl

TypeError: fillNew() got multiple values for argument ‘_old’

I would report this to the add-on creator on https://github.com/glutanimate/speed-focus-mode/issues

the add-on creator won’t be notified of this thread in this forum.